School Values and Vision Statement
We are a welcoming and nurturing primary school where the feeling of being part of a ‘family’ is created. We
have a child-centred approach and believe that a happy child is a successful one. We are committed to
providing a positive and engaging environment for every child to learn and one where everyone is valued. We aim
to inspire our children to be curious, articulate, confident, independent and resilient young people. We promote
a sense of high academic expectations alongside enhancing our children’s social and emotional skills. Our
vision is for every child to flourish; to enjoy their learning, achieve their full potential and become
independent life-long learners.
Our vision will be achieved through the school’s aims and values which are:
- Create a safe, happy, and caring learning environment that nurtures pupils' individuality, strengths,
and talents supporting them towards achieving their aspirations.
- Enables creativity, problem-solving, critical thinking and collaborative learning.
- Provide a solid foundation in literacy, numeracy, digital competence, and transferable skills enabling
pupils to be prepared for an ever changing world.
- Inspire our children to become enthusiastic, imaginative, and creative independent learners who have
positive attitudes to learning.
- Provide our children with an exciting, rich immersive curriculum that will stimulate and promote engagement
from every child.
- Provide opportunities for our children to communicate and express themselves to each other effectively, with
confidence and to different audiences.
- Nurture our children to be happy, honest, and respectful young people who care for others and make a
positive difference to their community and the wider world.
- Create a culture where everyone is listened to and valued; involve our pupils in the learning process by
valuing pupil's voice and empowering them to make decisions about school life and beyond.
- Ensure the safety of every child and encourage a healthy and active lifestyle for all.
- Promote an inclusive culture where everyone is respected and treated fairly regardless of gender, identity,
race, religion or belief, ability, and disability.
- To actively encourage children, parents and the community to participate in and enrich the life of the
- Promote the importance of looking after our mental wellbeing by ensuring that every child learns the skills
to self-regulate and the strategies to promote positive mental health which they can use as children and
develop as they grow.
As a school, we encourage children to think about personal and social values, to become aware of and involved
in the life and concerns of their community and society, thus developing their capacity to lead fulfilling lives
as valued members of society and effective citizens of Wortham and the wider world. At Wortham Primary we have
a core set of values:
- RESPECT - Self-respect, respect for others and respect for our environment
- RESILIENCE – Have a ‘can do’ attitude and aspire to achieve goals and overcome
- COMPASSION- To understand and appreciate the needs of others.
- KINDNESS- We are friendly and considerate to others and help where we can.
Together We Achieve
At Wortham Primary School grown-ups and children work together to make us brilliant, happy learners. Everyone
is important and everyone learns the skills they need to be successful grown-ups (Bumblebee Class' way of